BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, December 15, 2008

It Pays to Be Kind :)

Okay this winter weather down here in Dallas is wicked....20 degree temperatures...50 mile per hour wind gusts...not fun. I thought I would escape some of the frigid temperatures from the north... guess I was wrong.

Anyways I was dreading getting of work today, because I did not want to walk to the train station in the painfully unbearable 20 degree weather. So as I was walking to the train station... preparing to lose all feeling in my body, this woman out of nowhere pulls up beside me and offers to give me a ride . She said, "You are not walking any where in cold weather like this." In my mind I was saying, "Hallelujah...Thank you Jesus."She was such a lovely person and when she dropped me off she told me if I ever needed a ride to ask her. This woman did not have to do that, but out of the kindness of her heart she went out of her way to help me. I was so appreciative and so thankful that God sent her. Afterward, I decided that I would find more ways to serve others, especially during these trying times. I want to make someone feel the way this woman made me feel. She really made my day :)

As the saying goes, "sometimes the smallest acts of kindness can have such the biggest impacts in peoples lives."


Toodles!

0 comments: